The autumn seminar 2109 will take place in Bern and in Biel in Switzerland. The logistic part will be be covered by combinations of bus / train / walking.
On Thursday 7 November we will go to Biel to have a couple of activities at the School of Design of Bern and Biel (sfgb-b.ch) and later in the Swiss Federal Institute of Sport (ehsm.admin.ch)
On Friday we will be in Bern and have a morning program there, which will include a walking tour.
The afternoon will be completely taken in by the participation of EGIN in the Interaction Design Lab of Switzerland (iad-lab.ch)
EGIN has an arrangement with the IBIS hotel in Bern:
Hotel IBIS Budget Expo
Guisantplatz 4, 2014 Bern
Phone + 41 (0) 31 334 12 12
Single room € 99 per night including breakfast
Double room € 110 per night including breakfast
EGIN has arranged 15 rooms until October 10, after that we cannot guarantee. availability. If you register for the seminar you can also book your hotel room.
Unfortunately you have to fill in a separate form for booking the hotel room.
Please download the booking form and follow the instructions and send the form to the hotel
Registration for the seminar
Please register as soon as possible. Download Registration form EGIN autumn seminar 2019
mail this form as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
EGIN Autumn Seminar 2019
November 7 and 8, 2019 in Bern & Biel, Switzerland
A GLANCE AHEAD
In an uncertain and challenging present, we try to glance into the future of media and training, as well as the way we will communicate with each other.
Wednesday November 6
Individual arrival of participants, check-in at Hotel IBIS Budget Expo
(Guisanplatz 4, Bern). Tram 9 direction «Guisanplatz Expo Wankdorf» at platform B in front of train station.
Thursday November 7
Venue: Biel, Switzerland
Activities in the morning
• 08.30 transfer from Bern (Hotel) to Biel by bus
• 09.30 Welcome at Biel site of the School of Design of Bern and Biel
• 10.00 Ideation workshop hosted by Swiss idea factory BrainStore:
Creating ideas and concepts together in an inspiring workshop based on questions that matter:
– Future of media
– Media convergence challenge
– Training to-be
• 12.00 Lunch at Biel site of the School of Design of Bern and Biel
• 13.30 Transfer from Biel to Magglingen hilltop by bus
• 14.00 Welcome at the Swiss Federal Institute of Sport. Introduction to the institute and lecture: Media learning concept
• 14.45 Guided tour on the site of the institute.
• 16.30 transfer back to Bern (stop at IBIS Hotel)
• 18.30 EGIN dinner in Bern at Restaurant Marzer
Friday November 8
Venue: Bern, Switzerland
Activities in the morning
• 09.30 Scenic walk trough old town of Bern
• 10.15 Guided tour of the core exhibition of the Museum of communication:
The new core exhibition examines all forms of communication, which have always connected human beings. But why do we communicate? And who do we communicate with? What is required for us to understand each other?
• 12.00 Lunch at Bern site of the School of Design of Bern and Biel
Activities afternoon / evening
• 14.00 Interactive Media Lab event hosted by the School of Desing of Bern and Biel: Creating digital content» – Lectures and workshops with international experts
• 19.00 Farewell drink and goodbye
Individual departure of participants.